We are committed to helping affluent Canadians manage the complex and evolving needs of their wealth. Whether you are recently retired or have a growing business, we take a holistic approach to your overall financial well-being. Clients and their families are at the heart of everything we do, every day. We have helped clients across a range of needs and goals that include:
Pre-retirees and Retirees
You may have spent your working life accumulating wealth. Now you are getting ready to move to the next phase. This will involve a fundamental change in how you view and manage your wealth. While looking at ways to increase it, you are now also looking at ways to protect it to maintain your lifestyle and leave a legacy. The next stage of your life will be different.
We can help you address several realities:
- You may live longer than you expect, and maintaining your lifestyle could become a challenge.
- Managing your tax bill is even more critical to protecting your assets over time.
- The strategies for creating a tax-efficient, life-long income are different.
- Your ability to leave a legacy depends on a well thought-out plan.
We are here to listen and help you look forward to a long and comfortable retirement.
Business Owners and Entrepreneurs
We work with business owners and entrepreneurs who have spent years and even lifetimes building their business. Whether you are just starting out or have an established business, we can help you maintain your lifestyle now and throughout your retirement. Building wealth goes beyond running a strong balance sheet and showing profits each year. A key to enjoying the results of your hard work is to build wealth inside and outside your business.
We can guide you in creating:
- a succession plan to help ensure you get the return on your life investment you deserve
- a holding company, a life insurance policy, and other tools to limit your tax liability
- a well-diversified investment portfolio outside the business that can continue to generate income long after you have sold or moved on from your life as a business owner
As fellow business owners, we understand your needs and are here to help.
Our role in guiding families is twofold: first, to guide clients to the most tax-advantaged ways to pass along wealth that match their current goals; and, second, to help the next generation understand the impact of sudden-wealth events (such as inheritances) and how to prepare for them in advance.
We believe that strong communication between different generations is critical because as the values and goals of all members are heard, conversation among them becomes easier. By taking the time first to ask questions in a comfortable environment, we learn about your life goals and your family dynamics. We then customize an investment plan that confirms where you are financially and where you want to go.
An estate plan follows that gives details of what you wish to leave behind, how you want it to impact your children’s and grandchildren’s lives, and how much flexibility you want in the way they use your legacy. Our careful and ongoing management of your family’s wealth will help family members to focus on their life goals knowing their wealth management needs are in good hands.